Saturday, January 7, 2012

Praise is Beautiful

Psalm 147 

(NKJV)


 Praise the Lord!

Praise to God for His Word and Providence- For it is good to sing praises to our God; For it is pleasant, and praise is beautiful.

The Lord builds up Jerusalem; He gathers together the outcasts of Israel. 
He heals the brokenhearted, And binds up their wounds.
He counts the number of the stars; He calls them all by name.
 Great is our Lord, and mighty in power; His understanding is infinite.

Lately, I'm just digging into this first part of Psalm 147.  Our God loves us.  He hears us.  He desires to heal us.  He is so great, that He knows the exact number of the stars in His heavens.  Each one is named by Him.  Praising Him is a good thing- it is pleasant and beautiful.  I don't know that I've ever thought of praise that way- as something that is BEAUTIFUL to our God.  Something that is PLEASANT to Him- that pleases Him.  And, "His understanding is infinite."  That doesn't just mean His "understanding" towards mankind in general, but to ME.  He understands MY situation.  MY hurt, circumstances, desires, and cries.  I want to remember that, if I let Him, He will build me up.  He will gather together my broken pieces.  If I submit to Him, to His love for me, He will be faithful to create- from my broken-ness- something beautiful to Him.
I've just been taking comfort in these thoughts recently, and thought I'd share.
Have a beautiful weekend!

No comments:

Post a Comment